POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Pointless but satisfying : Re: Pointless but satisfying Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:28:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pointless but satisfying
From: Invisible
Date: 21 Jul 2009 11:13:29
Message: <4a65db19$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> Awesome. On further investigation, it turns out my understanding of
> Haskell's type system is actually incorrect. And, unsurprisingly, my
> program is incorrect too; it rejects expressions that it should actually
> accept.

Well, I have now implemented let-bound variables correctly. (I hope!)
Still a few bugs to iron out. It *is* impressive though just how much
the simpleton program I've writen can figure out automatically, just by
looking at the shape of an expression. I mean, I can write expressions
involving library functions where I haven't told my program what their
type signatures are, and yet it still manages to figure it out for
itself, mostly...