POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : I want to be rid of my stupid mistakes : Re: I want to be rid of my stupid mistakes Server Time
24 Apr 2024 08:20:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I want to be rid of my stupid mistakes
From: Warp
Date: 21 Jul 2009 06:35:29
Message: <4a6599f1@news.povray.org>
Aydan <hes### [at] hendrik-sachsenet> wrote:
> Check if the loop condition variable is being reassigned inside the loop.

  Impossible in the general case.

  Besides, you are assuming that there is a single unambiguous "loop condition
variable". The condition in the #while construct can be *anything*. It can be
a complex expression, it can be a function or macro call, it can contain a
condition composed of many variables...

  For example, if you had something like this:

#while(xCoord * 2.5 < yCoord * 5 & sqrt(zCoord) < 10 * zSize)

how would POV-Ray check that this isn't an infinite loop?

--
                                                          - Warp