POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Evolution of species : Re: Evolution of species Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:25:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Evolution of species
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 19 Jul 2009 19:13:59
Message: <4a63a8b7$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> For instance, such a gene may have affected some aspect of visual appearance
> which our common ancestors did not care much about, but which may have had a
> beneficial side-effect for the new 46-chromosome group, therefore becoming more
> and more frequent among it as the groups evolved apart; another mutation may
> then have spread in the 48-chromosome group to consider this visual feature
> unpleasant, further reducing the interbreeding rate and at the same time
> beginning to extinguishing that feature in the 48-chromosome group.

This reminds me of the video I saw recently, and computer generated
extrapolation of the changes in morphology between the earliest human
ancestor skull, and a modern human, showing how each "tiny" change can,
over time, result in such a drastic one.

Mind, the music is kind of stupid, and the words they flash up once in a
while are kind of lame, but, otherwise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcqA8wEljPM

Ah, they have a "class room" version without the lame stuff in it too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrhYLvNeQd4

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {