POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Questionable optimizations : Re: Questionable optimizations Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:24:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Questionable optimizations
From: Darren New
Date: 19 Jul 2009 11:32:42
Message: <4a633c9a$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Do you know how many serious security holes are found each year in Linux?

And I don't think this one is even in a kernel that was released into major
distributions, for that matter. :-)

>   (And before anyone says anything, no, Windows is not better. Windows is
> year after year always at the top of the list of most security flaws found
> during the year.)

Is this still true?  I think there's more 3rd-party flakey code, but not
stuff that comes with Windows necessarily. Certainly not as much as it used
to be.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."