POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Wake waves making code for Rock The Boat image : Re: Wake waves making code for Rock The Boat image Server Time
22 Jun 2024 23:38:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wake waves making code for Rock The Boat image
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 18 Jul 2009 10:49:53
Message: <4a61e111@news.povray.org>
Hi Eriban!

Your code works like a charm. I am learning on the spot and have just
adapted it a little to make it work with my scene. Simple.

A few comments, based on a couple of observations of wakes I chanced to
notice:

1) When a ship moves slowly (wake_angle = approching 80 or 90 degrees) the
bow waves seems to be convex-shaped;
2) When the ship moves fast (wake_angle sharper than 45 degrees) the bow
waves seems to be concave-shaped.

As your bow wave is linear, would that be possible to implement somehow?

You will soon see the use of your code in my image to the current challenge
at the TC-RTC site (theme: Dragons).

Thank you again for your work.

Thomas