POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another conspiracy theory bites the dust : Re: Another conspiracy theory bites the dust Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:10:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another conspiracy theory bites the dust
From: Warp
Date: 18 Jul 2009 07:52:13
Message: <4a61b76d@news.povray.org>

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2009/07/17/apollo-landing-sites-imaged-by-lro/

> > Gee, looks like there's footprints on the moon after all.

>         Dude! Those images are so imprecise and blurred that they could be made
> by my pet cat! Even a newbie with POV-Ray in his hands could make them!

  You can fake the images, but it's more difficult to fake the source of
the images. I bet there were quite many people involved in receiving and
processing those images. It would be quite hard to keep them all quiet
about a hoax.

--
                                                          - Warp