POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hidden files mystery : Re: Hidden files mystery Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:22:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hidden files mystery
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 18 Jul 2009 05:08:21
Message: <4a619105$1@news.povray.org>
gregjohn wrote:

> I cannot think of a scenario where this makes sense.  Roxio being that
> incompetent at counting, Project Gutenberg putting 295 MiB or "hidden" junk
> into its files, K3b incompetently removing my needed material that I would have
> liked on the DVD.
>
> What gives?

Windows XP has a habit of filling any folders which happen to contain
images with a Thumbs.db file, marked as hidden. (Since I'm guessing a
USB stick would be FAT-formatted, the "hidden" attribute is available.)
This files can become large is a folder contains many images, or just if
there's a lot of folders so all the files add up.

Alternatively, maybe K3b means files starting with "." (assuming you
have any), as Jim suggested.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/