POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : getting started : Re: getting started Server Time
6 Oct 2024 02:18:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: getting started
From: Alain
Date: 17 Jul 2009 22:33:44
Message: <4a613488$1@news.povray.org>

> hello,
>
> I've just come across this interesting piece of software but having a little
> trouble getting started. I've looked around for help but haven't been able to
> find what i'm after...I've successfully downloaded the software and can access
> files (.pov) that open and show the 'source code', but how do i view these
> images? I've tried 'Templates - export to file' and also 'Render' but in each
> case nothing happens? Am I in the right area or completely barking up the wrong
> tree?
>
> Thanks,
>
> ray

If you are using the Windows or the Mac versions, you should have a
"Run" button. Click it to start the rendering of your scene.

The resulting image will be located in the same folder/directory as the
source scene file. (unless you set it destination to some other location)
Under windows, the image will be a BMP unless you set it to some other
format like PNG (+fn) or TGA. Not sure for the format if you use a Mac.

POV-Ray don't use any "template", so, I don't know from where you got
the idea of using that...

Alain