POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another conspiracy theory bites the dust : Re: Another conspiracy theory bites the dust Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:15:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another conspiracy theory bites the dust
From: Darren New
Date: 17 Jul 2009 18:41:07
Message: <4a60fe03$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2009/07/17/apollo-landing-sites-imaged-by-lro/

>> Gee, looks like there's footprints on the moon after all.
>
>   Sadly, I have hard time believing even such tangible evidence is going to
> convince the conspiracy theorists.

Sorry I left off the <sarcasm> tags. Of course it won't, any more than
fossils convince creationists.

>   I find it really sad that I have friends who are educated (one of them has
> even a university degree), intelligent and rational, and still they believe
> in the conspiracy theory (or at the very least consider it plausible).

I want to know what he thought the first ten Apollo flights were all about.
It might even make sense if it was a one-time flight that went to the moon
on the first try, but why all the *other* launches, including a faked Apollo
13 screw-up?

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."