POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another conspiracy theory bites the dust : Re: Another conspiracy theory bites the dust Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:09:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another conspiracy theory bites the dust
From: Warp
Date: 17 Jul 2009 16:14:52
Message: <4a60dbbb@news.povray.org>

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2009/07/17/apollo-landing-sites-imaged-by-lro/

> Gee, looks like there's footprints on the moon after all.

  Sadly, I have hard time believing even such tangible evidence is going to
convince the conspiracy theorists. They will just say that the images are
faked (and will undoubtedly point out "flaws" in them), or the most idiot
ones of them will say that they are actually not depicting the landing sites
at all.

  I find it really sad that I have friends who are educated (one of them has
even a university degree), intelligent and rational, and still they believe
in the conspiracy theory (or at the very least consider it plausible).

  (Ok, after a lot of talking I have half-convinced the university guy.
He went from believing to being neutral, ie. he doesn't anymore state that
the thing was a hoax, but he still considers it plausible.)

--
                                                          - Warp