POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Racism in the US : Re: Racism in the US Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:24:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Racism in the US
From: Tim Cook
Date: 17 Jul 2009 15:06:18
Message: <4a60cbaa$1@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:
> On 17-7-2009 11:13, Tim Cook wrote:
>> m'boy.  ^_^;
>
> Interesting phrase. Normally only used if the one who says it is either
> much older (and you clearly aren't) or if there is another big status
> difference like between slave and slaveholder. So I'll file this as a
> humorous instance of the latter.

See also:  "Dang whippersnappers!" and "Kids these days.  Why, when *I*
was your age, *mumble mumble* through six feet of snow!  Uphill!  Both
ways!"

...so more of a humourous, plainly wildly innacurate instance of the
former, poking fun at the curmudgeonly attitude of a stereotypical old
person.

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.freesitespace.net