POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Let the conspiracy theories commence! : Re: Let the conspiracy theories commence! Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:16:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Let the conspiracy theories commence!
From: Darren New
Date: 17 Jul 2009 11:44:12
Message: <4a609c4c$1@news.povray.org>
Neeum Zawan wrote:
>     Newly restored video:
> http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2009/07/moonwalkvideo/

I've read that the original videos were actually very high quality, but they
didn't get any sort of converter between NASA's systems and regular TV sets,
so someone just pointed a TV camera at the monitor in NASA and that's what
was broadcast.  Then, nobody bothered to convert the video afterwards, until
all the machines that could read the tapes had been scrapped.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."