POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : What's the role of IlmImf.lib to build POVRay for Window? : Re: What's the role of IlmImf.lib to build POVRay for Window? Server Time
7 Jul 2024 07:02:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What's the role of IlmImf.lib to build POVRay for Window?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 17 Jul 2009 05:44:18
Message: <4a6047f2$1@news.povray.org>
Wise wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to build POVRay 3.7.33 for Window under VS2008. When I tried to
> rebuild all POVRay project, when linking step, the system told me that
> IlmImf.lib can't be find.

Given you are inexperienced building software, you might want to consider
using the binary betas of POV-Ray 3.7...

The source code is really only provided for experienced developers and it is
going to be extremely time consuming and frustrating to build the beta from
source if you do not have the necessary experience.

The library IlmImf you did not build or place properly is part of OpenEXR.

	Thorsten