POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Racism in the US : Re: Racism in the US Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:23:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Racism in the US
From: Tim Cook
Date: 16 Jul 2009 22:50:25
Message: <4a5fe6f1$1@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:
> or social status, which is correlated to race.

As in, "I'm not racist, I'm just opposed to people with certain
lifestyle/moral/political views" (that are overwhelmingly correlated to
race)?  When attribute x is associated with race, it's still racism, in
the end effect.  Kind of like saying "I don't hate women, I just have an
issue with people who menstruate".  The motivation is a paper-thin
excuse covering what the real problem is, at least for the targeted
group.  It doesn't matter *why* you're bigoted, just the fact that you are.

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.freesitespace.net