POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The rest of my computer will arrive tomorrow : Re: The rest of my computer will arrive tomorrow Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:11:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The rest of my computer will arrive tomorrow
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 16 Jul 2009 16:23:08
Message: <4a5f8c2c$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Mike Raiford wrote:
>
>> Core2 Quad 2.8mhz
>> Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R Main Board
>
> I *really* hope that's 2.8 GHz. ;-)

Good catch ;) Talk about retro computing.

> I keep thinking to myself that I should do something like this too; my
> PC is powered by a mere AMD Athlon64 X2 4200+. (And it's the slower
> Socket-939 one at that.) For a little money, I could get something much
> faster now.

Yep. This is a big upgrade for me, mainly because I'm going from a
DDR/AGP system to a DDR2/PCIe system. Basically, none of the major
components were compatible.

> On the other hand, I just bought a brand new pair of ski boots, so I
> have no money. And I still have various other items I need to buy...

Yep. I sort of spread it out over a couple pay periods... Just because
life gets in the way, and I don't really use credit to buy things that
are nice to have.

--
~Mike