POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Video Game FPS vs RPG : Re: Video Game FPS vs RPG Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:26:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Video Game FPS vs RPG
From: Warp
Date: 16 Jul 2009 11:44:44
Message: <4a5f4aec@news.povray.org>
Bill Pragnell <bil### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> I've been playing Fallout3 recently (and loving it, I might add)

  Btw, at the beginning of the game there's a quite detailed face editor
for your character, which is fun to play with. However, I'm wondering what's
the point. As far as I can tell, you can't see your own face in the game in
any situation, not even when changing the camera to 3rd-person perspective
(because the playable character always looks in the same direction as the
camera, and thus you only see the back of his/her head, never the face).

  At least in Oblivion you could see your face in the inventory screen,
but this is not the case in Fallout3.

--
                                                          - Warp