POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Racism in the US : Re: Racism in the US Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:25:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Racism in the US
From: Darren New
Date: 15 Jul 2009 22:33:01
Message: <4a5e915d$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Without knowing the motives for not wanting a black man as president,
> it's impossible to say whether those motives are racist in nature or not.

If your reason for not wanting someone as president is *because* he's black,
that's racist. Now, if he'd said "I don't want the black candidate in
office", he might have just been using a poorly-chosen adjective. But then
he would have stopped and picked another adjective, rather than disclaim the
inherent racism.

It's like when people write "no pun intended" and actually mean "I intended
that pun, and I'm pointing it out in case you missed it."

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."