POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Racism in the US : Re: Racism in the US Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:27:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Racism in the US
From: Warp
Date: 15 Jul 2009 10:19:00
Message: <4a5de554@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle <evi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> What many find troublesome, however, is that 99% of black Americans who
> voted did so for Obama, but the press made nothing of it.  If 99% of
> whites had voted for McCain, the press would be bawling about white
> America's racism.

  IMO democracy is a failure when people don't vote for someone who has
the same *political* opinions, but for other irrelevant reasons.

  I'm pretty certain that Finland has a woman as president for the last
two terms mainly because 50% of the voters are female, not because her
political opinions would agree with the majority.

--
                                                          - Warp