POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : US Patent System, now with 20% less stupidity : Re: US Patent System, now with 20% less stupidity Server Time
9 Oct 2024 04:00:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: US Patent System, now with 20% less stupidity
From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 14 Jul 2009 14:29:49
Message: <4a5cce9d$1@news.povray.org>
On 07/14/09 11:29, Darren New wrote:
> In the USA, you can get into copyright violation for that. You've
> essentially copied the image on the hosting site and put it on yours.

	You mean I've "effectively" done it, or to be even more precise, I've
"appeared" to do it.

	Because technically, I haven't. It's on his site, and not on my server.
And I'm exploiting his bandwidth, but that's a different issue. It's
similar to me making a frame on my site, and having a different site
appear in it (which lots of well known web sites do all the time - they
probably have some disclaimer, though).

--
For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small.