POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Video Game FPS vs RPG : Re: Video Game FPS vs RPG Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:16:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Video Game FPS vs RPG
From: Warp
Date: 14 Jul 2009 13:47:35
Message: <4a5cc4b7@news.povray.org>
clipka <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> That's some other strange association people have: RPG == fantasy.

> SciFi-RGBs have proven this connotation to be wrong.

  Well, scifi is a peculiar kind of fantasy, where you have races (well,
more precisely species), jobs, advanced technology (which, when advanced
enough, is indistinguishable from magic, as the saying goes), fighting
(usually between spaceships rather than between characters, but sometimes
also between characters), fantastical creatures, and so on.

  I suppose that what you meant is that RPGs are usually associated with
so-called sword-and-sorcery fantasy and high fantasy.

--
                                                          - Warp