POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You have been raytracing for too long when... : Re: You have been raytracing for too long when... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:14:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: You have been raytracing for too long when...
From: Jim Charter
Date: 14 Jul 2009 02:43:19
Message: <4a5c2907$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Jim Charter wrote:
>
>> What if the cleaver is in the foreground quite ahead of the beak
>

> Even worse, I think. Then it's closer to the camera, and you should be
> seeing even more ceiling. I.e., if it's farther ahead of the beak, it's
> farther *away* from the beak.

the scale of the reflection does seem a little suspicious, yes

I know when I am out driving in the city with so many reflective
surfaces around I notice reflections that seem odd.  And I realize that
if I had raytraced an image and gotten that same effect I would tend not
to believe the raytracer because normally the selective nature of our
perception would override it.  Things like seeing the mechanics of the
underside of a car reflected perfectly in a puddle or reflections within
reflections that you think couldn't possibly happen given the angles
involved.