POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : US Patent System, now with 20% less stupidity : Re: US Patent System, now with 20% less stupidity Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:17:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: US Patent System, now with 20% less stupidity
From: Darren New
Date: 14 Jul 2009 01:37:48
Message: <4a5c19ac$1@news.povray.org>
Neeum Zawan wrote:
>     Well, which is why I'm not advocating eradicating copyright, but
> merely limiting it. How many movies or pieces of software do you know of
> that took over 20 years to produce a profit?

http://www.tmz.com/2009/07/13/man-claims-he-got-lost-first/

There's another example. You don't want copyright so short that it's cheaper
to just outwait it than to pay the copyright.

This happened with patents on loading coils and fiber optics, both of which
waited 20 years to get incorporated into the phone systems, for example.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."