POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : US Patent System, now with 20% less stupidity : Re: US Patent System, now with 20% less stupidity Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:24:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: US Patent System, now with 20% less stupidity
From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 13 Jul 2009 21:03:51
Message: <4a5bd977$1@news.povray.org>
On 07/13/09 11:36, Darren New wrote:
> Warp wrote:
>> I wonder if this was a case of Eagleland Osmosis in reverse... :P
>
> I think a lot of the bands from that time period in America had lots of
> british performers in them. Rock and roll kinda really took off here
> with the beatles, so it makes sense.

	I think I found a Wikipedia page for British songs that topped the US
charts. They used to be quite common, but began petering out in the
90's. Finally, there was an eight year period before the next one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_by_British_artists_which_reached_number-one_on_the_Hot_100_%28USA%29

	Are the cultures diverging? British music becoming crappier? US
becoming more insular? All of the above?

--
AAHH!!! I've deleted all my RAM!