POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You have been raytracing for too long when... : You have been raytracing for too long when... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:16:05 EDT (-0400)
  You have been raytracing for too long when...
From: Warp
Date: 13 Jul 2009 15:33:41
Message: <4a5b8c15@news.povray.org>
... you can't help but notice rendering flaws in multi-million dollar CGI
movies. In particular, see this frame from Kung Fu Panda:

http://warp.povusers.org/snaps/KungfuPanda_reflection.jpg

  The people at DreamWorks with their multi-million software and hardware
and multi-millions budgets can't make a simple reflection right? I wonder
if they are doing that *on purpose*, for whatever reason. I'm pretty sure
their renderer would support physically correct reflections.

--
                                                          - Warp