POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : US Patent System, now with 20% less stupidity : Re: US Patent System, now with 20% less stupidity Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:24:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: US Patent System, now with 20% less stupidity
From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 12 Jul 2009 19:39:52
Message: <4a5a7448$1@news.povray.org>
On 07/12/09 18:35, Neeum Zawan wrote:
> I could probably settle for "as long as you make money on it".
>
> Actually, I take that back. I could settle for "as long as the product
> remains available and people benefit from it". The money thing will

	Oh, I'll add that changing the criterion from money to "society
benefiting" would protect software under free licenses. Making money the
criterion would cause problems for free software.

--
Bozone (n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright
ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little