POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : US Patent System, now with 20% less stupidity : Re: US Patent System, now with 20% less stupidity Server Time
9 Oct 2024 02:30:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: US Patent System, now with 20% less stupidity
From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 12 Jul 2009 17:01:31
Message: <4a5a4f2b$1@news.povray.org>
On 07/12/09 13:36, andrel wrote:
> I think you also need to define more precise what is copyrightable and
> what not. E.g. is Mickey Mouse copyrightable as such or only the
> individual images that were made of him? For MM and DD it may be
> possible to define the individual, but can we ever again make an image
> of a clown fish after 'finding nemo' without breaking copyright?

	Stuff like this can get ridiculous:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sita_Sings_The_Blues#Copyright_problems

	The movie is an animated musical. The director used songs from the
1920's that were in the public domain. However, it was deemed that
syncing the songs with elements in the movie was a copyright violation.
Apparently, it's OK for me to play the songs on the radio, but if I sing
the songs, I'm violating copyright.

--
Bozone (n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright
ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little

                    /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                    anl