POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Video Game FPS vs RPG : Re: Video Game FPS vs RPG Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:28:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Video Game FPS vs RPG
From: Warp
Date: 12 Jul 2009 16:02:29
Message: <4a5a4155@news.povray.org>
> Warp wrote:
> >   Btw, do you know what I think is the closest thing to a role-playing game
> > among computer games? The Sims, and its sequels.

> Is there any actual game involved there? Everything I've always seen made it
> look like there's no goal other than to create people you then beat up.

  At least in the original The Sims 2 you decide what type of life your sim
will have, and the core goal is to get to the top in that. For example, if
your life orientation is political, the ultimate goal is to become the
president. Similar goals for other orientations. (You always start from
the very bottom of the heap.)

  Of course one common goal to all is to become rich and build yourself
a huge mansion. :)

--
                                                          - Warp