POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : remap RGBT color to anther RGBT color? : Re: remap RGBT color to anther RGBT color? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:22:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: remap RGBT color to anther RGBT color?
From: Alain
Date: 11 Jul 2009 21:54:13
Message: <4a594245$1@news.povray.org>

> Christian Froeschlin <chr### [at] chrfrde> wrote:
>

> It did work for Black but shifts every color if there was a way at this point to
> just push one color value.
> I also need to look more at the reflectivity discussed early see if I can make
> Black reflect enough to not be pure black in the render.

If you only add something like:

reflection 0.1

in the finish part, and there is something not black to reflect, the
surface will be reflective enough to not be completely black.

If you are using some HDRI emulation that relies on many lights, then
the best way may be the use of phong or specular highlight.

You could add something like this:

#default{ finish{ specular 0.1 roughness 0.0001 }}
//small = tight highlights
OR
#default{ finish{ phong 0.1 phong_size 200 }}
//LARGE = tight highlights

that will add some light specular highlight to every texture that don't
have any specular/phong deffined.
This method is faster than reflections, as you don't have to shoot any
additional rays to find what to reflect.

Alain