POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : US Patent System, now with 20% less stupidity : US Patent System, now with 20% less stupidity Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:10:11 EDT (-0400)
  US Patent System, now with 20% less stupidity
From: Darren New
Date: 11 Jul 2009 18:30:29
Message: <4a591285$1@news.povray.org>
http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/12/20/1811246&tid=473

http://news.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/07/10/1218231

Apparently, now US patents either have to be about how to build something
("transforming one thing into another") or about a specific machine
(excluding that which you can build on a general purpose computer).

Yay!

Sounds like Finnish law even excludes the first one, from what I've
understood talking here, but at least there's no more "patents on hanging up
a sign to advertise your business" stupidity.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."