POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : O RLY? : Re: O RLY? Server Time
9 Oct 2024 14:34:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: O RLY?
From: Darren New
Date: 11 Jul 2009 13:05:34
Message: <4a58c65e$1@news.povray.org>
Eero Ahonen wrote:
> It does for a bunch of people. I personally don't really agree on Apache
> not having remote administration,

Apache doesn't have remote administration, as far as I know. Linux has
remote stuff in general, but you actually have to log into the machine
running Apache to restart it, and you have to look at the files that Apache
instance is reading to change the configuration.

There's no tool for Apache, as far as I know, that lets you change the
configuration on 300 distributed web servers and then sequence a restart of
them in such a way that you're not killing anyone's page-serve as the
servers restart. You have to roll your own using scp (or shared directories
holding the configuration), ssh, etc.  You can't turn off an Apache server
without logging into the machine where it's running, and you cant change the
configuration without logging into whatever machine is holding the
configuration files.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."