POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : O RLY? : Re: O RLY? Server Time
9 Oct 2024 14:34:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: O RLY?
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 11 Jul 2009 07:44:29
Message: <4a587b1d$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> What Exchange does is store your mailbox in a central database rather
> than locally on your PC. That's pretty trivial.
>
> OTOH, I'll grant that it's not very "shiny", so that's probably why
> nobody else has done it...

Every IMAP server does that. Lotus Domino does that. It's a bunch of
other features in Exchange that just IMAP servers won't do. I haven't
actually used Exchange so I can't know what it does compared to Lotus
Domino, but I'd guess that Domino is the most realistic choice for Exchange.

>> Windows logins. ASP.NET. Remote administration. A whole different
>> processing module method. Interesting deployment options where you
>> don't have to roll your own. Etc. Go read up on it.
>
> None of that made any sense to me, but hey...

It does for a bunch of people. I personally don't really agree on Apache
not having remote administration, but I can be mislead what Darren
really means (I haven't used IIS in years) - I assume he means that one
can run the administration console from another Windows-PC.

-Aero