POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : O RLY? : Re: O RLY? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:15:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: O RLY?
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 11 Jul 2009 06:52:25
Message: <4a586ee9$1@news.povray.org>
>> It's difficult to see how you could make a web browser more attractive
>> to the casual user than IE already is - at least, enough to make them
>> reach into their pockets anyway...
>
> And part of that is how much everyone commoditizes the browser.
>
> Don't complain that everyone has to follow the exact same standards and
> render everything pixel-perfect identical, and then complain it's
> difficult to differentiate your product enough to sell it.

There are plenty of things a browser can do differently - it's just that
the casual user isn't going to *care* about such things. (E.g., if there
was a browser that had more reliable printing capabilities, would *you*
pay money to use it?)

>> If I wanted to be cynical, I could point out that I've never met
>> anybody who owns a copy of 3D Studio or Paintshop *legally*. ;-)
>
> Yes you have. I own *two* copies of paintshop.  You bastard - I wondered
> why they started adding DRM to the install.

Don't look at me - I've never owned a copy of either of those things. :-P

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/