POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : remap RGBT color to anther RGBT color? : Re: remap RGBT color to anther RGBT color? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:27:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: remap RGBT color to anther RGBT color?
From: Chris B
Date: 11 Jul 2009 03:34:54
Message: <4a58409e@news.povray.org>
"caduser" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.4a581c2bbddeda84dbd439ba0@news.povray.org...
> If it helps our typical material file adds this to the start of a POV:
>
>   ... snip ...
>
> texture {
>    pigment
>      {
>          color rgbt <0.,0.,0.,0.>
>      }
>
>   ... snip ...
>
> ... wanted to know if this could be done with an external file
> with no modification to the original POV or if it is a lost cause.

Once this POV output has been written to disk containing literal color
definitions, I don't believe there's any practical way of changing the color
without changing the file. Having said that;  changing the file should not
be difficult as you can perform a global change in most editors (for example
the POV-Ray for Windows editor). You have said that it's only two specific
values (complete Black and complete White) that you want to change and, as
these are written out by an application program they are presumably written
in a consistent format.

Therefore, a global change of 'color rgbt <0.,0.,0.,0.>' to 'color rgbt
<0.01,0.01,0.01,0.01>' should be quick and easy in any decent editor. If you
need to make this change regularly you could use an editor with a macro
recording facility, so it would be just one button press each time. The
POV-Ray for Windows 'editor' menu contains a couple of macro recording
options (though I've not used them myself).  If you need to do this with a
large number of files you'd either want a short script to perform something
like a 'grep' command (Unix style) or you could use an editor that supports
a 'Replace in Files' sort of operation, eg UltraEdit, or the text editors in
most IDEs.

Regards,
Chris B.