POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : O RLY? : Re: O RLY? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:16:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: O RLY?
From: Darren New
Date: 10 Jul 2009 12:42:02
Message: <4a576f5a@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> I'd actually be interested in finding such a beast... It seems odd that
> nobody has made one.

It's only odd because what Exchange does is inherently difficult to do well.
  Who is going to write such a thing, and try to compete with Exchange? It's
not cool enough for random Linux enthusiasts to write from scratch, any more
than OpenOffice was.

> So what does IIS do that Apache doesn't then?

Windows logins. ASP.NET. Remote administration. A whole different processing
module method. Interesting deployment options where you don't have to roll
your own. Etc. Go read up on it.

> (Aside from giving root
> access to anybody who types their URLs with backslashes instead of
> forward slashes...)

Cite?

> OK, so *some* of them are worse. ;-)

Most of them are worse for *developers*, for one thing.

>> It sounds more like "I don't know the capabilities of Microsoft
>> systems, so I listen to what Linux enthusiasts tell me about it." :-)
>
> What makes you think it's the Linux enthusiasts? I hated M$ long before
> anybody had even heard of Linus Travolds... And I don't buy it when
> people say Linux is the answer. It's too messy and laden with backwards
> compatibility...

OK, so who is telling you these things? You keep saying things that ought to
be easy to support, but attributing them to "some guy told me"?

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."