POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : O RLY? : Re: O RLY? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:19:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: O RLY?
From: Darren New
Date: 10 Jul 2009 12:23:13
Message: <4a576af1$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> The way I heard it was that Gates got some code off a mate and then
> decided to sell it for money, pretending it was his own.

Where did you hear it?  Hint: don't trust that source.

Nobody goes "Gee, I happen to have an OS for a new CPU. Want a copy of the
source and all the development notes?"

> At work, I use two web-based applications which actually don't work
> without IE.

There's a tremendous difference between using a browser as a smart terminal
for a limited application, and browsing the general public web.

Know what? I can dial 3 digits at work and get any other phone in the
office, too. But that only works on my office phone.

>> So, first you complain that MS sucks, then you admit that everyone
>> else sucks worse.
>
> No, I said M$ has carefully arranged it so that you don't have much
> choice. They deliberately stop people from making better products.

Give an actual cite with some actual data, rather than just pulling stories
out of your butt. :-)

> I wouldn't mind if M$ was top dog because they actually made the best
> products, but that's simply not true.

So, nobody makes any better products, but MS doesn't make the best?

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."