POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : O RLY? : Re: O RLY? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:18:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: O RLY?
From: Invisible
Date: 10 Jul 2009 11:56:25
Message: <4a5764a9@news.povray.org>
>> Actually... I'm not aware of anything else that does what Exchange
>> does. Which is a little bit odd, really.
>
> There ya go.

I'd actually be interested in finding such a beast... It seems odd that
nobody has made one.

>> I know of a few office suites that manage to not constantly crash like
>> MS Office does.
>
>  > Apache is notable for doing the same thing as IIS
>
> Only in the broad sense that UNIX does the same thing as Windows. They
> really aren't comparable.

So what does IIS do that Apache doesn't then? (Aside from giving root
access to anybody who types their URLs with backslashes instead of
forward slashes...)

>> There are lots of database engines out there; I doubt many of them are
>> worse than SQL Server.
>
> You haven't tried MySql then.

OK, so *some* of them are worse. ;-)

> It sounds more like "I don't know the capabilities of Microsoft systems,
> so I listen to what Linux enthusiasts tell me about it." :-)

What makes you think it's the Linux enthusiasts? I hated M$ long before
anybody had even heard of Linus Travolds... And I don't buy it when
people say Linux is the answer. It's too messy and laden with backwards
compatibility...