POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : O RLY? : Re: O RLY? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:15:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: O RLY?
From: Darren New
Date: 10 Jul 2009 11:39:40
Message: <4a5760bc$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Both also had a nasty habit of the metadata not matching the source
> code. Like, open a file, add a new method, and VS seems not to "know
> about it" until you close and reopen VS. (You'd hope that just saving
> the file would be enough. No. Maybe just compiling it then? No.)

And how long ago was this, and how out of date were the university's
computers? I was pretty impressed when VS2005 would add intellisense for
routines I'd typed into other files and *didn't* save yet.

> I imagine on today's computers it's probably not quite so slow, but I
> doubt it's become any less inflexible.

So, "I don't know what I'm talking about, but I'll guess it's bad." Cool.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."