POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : O RLY? : Re: O RLY? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:15:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: O RLY?
From: Darren New
Date: 10 Jul 2009 11:37:41
Message: <4a576045$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Microsoft's entire history seems to revolve around stealing other
> people's stuff and watching them go bankrupt faster than they can sue.

Cite?

>> Name two competitors. Were you even in the market at the time it was
>> hashing out?
>
> When the hell was the IBM PC invented anyway?

I rest my case.

> Actually... I'm not aware of anything else that does what Exchange does.
> Which is a little bit odd, really.

There ya go.

> I know of a few office suites that manage to not constantly crash like
> MS Office does.

 > Apache is notable for doing the same thing as IIS

Only in the broad sense that UNIX does the same thing as Windows. They
really aren't comparable.

> There are lots of database engines out
> there; I doubt many of them are worse than SQL Server.

You haven't tried MySql then.

It sounds more like "I don't know the capabilities of Microsoft systems, so
I listen to what Linux enthusiasts tell me about it." :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."