POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Racism in the US : Re: Racism in the US Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:16:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Racism in the US
From: Warp
Date: 10 Jul 2009 11:05:59
Message: <4a5758d7@news.povray.org>
Tom Austin <taustin> wrote:
> So, two groups of kids had been 'disinvited' with no loud complaining.
> As soon as the exact thing happens to a racial minority, it becomes a
> problem.

  I'm surprised that you are surprised by something like that, at this point.

  The current politically correct multicultural religion has certain dogmas.
One of these dogmas is that whenever something bad happens to non-white
people, it's because of racism (and, naturally, when the exact same thing
happens to white people, it's not racism and usually not even that bad).

  (Another dogma is that only white people can commit racist acts, and
only non-white people can be victims of racism. It's impossible for a
black person to commit a racist act, for instance.)

  In many places (especially in the US but very much also in Europe) some
people (such as employers) cannot treat everybody in the same way for the
fear of being accused of racism. The must be more lenient to non-white
people than they are to white people because of this. Equal treatment is
not really an option (which is kind of ironic).

--
                                                          - Warp