POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : O RLY? : Re: O RLY? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:15:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: O RLY?
From: Invisible
Date: 10 Jul 2009 10:36:17
Message: <4a5751e1$1@news.povray.org>
>> It's an IDE. It edits text files. How hard should that be?
>
> It does a LOT more than just edit text files.
>
> Code folding.

Yeah, I guess that's vaguely useful...

> Syntax highlighting.

True. I'm used to using a text editor which does this for me.

> Auto-formatting (it works for me, sorry)

Apparently your coding style matches the hard-coded assumptions of the
software then. :-P

> IntelliSense

Could be useful - if it actually worked right.

> Debugging

Sometimes quite useful. Depends what the bug is.

>> I'm just saying. Word hasn't changed noticably since 1995 or so. I see
>> no particular reason to except VS to have changed drastically. (It
>> probably supports quite a few languages that it didn't back then, mind
>> you...)
>
> Actually, I really like the new version of Word (2007) as well.  I've
> never had any problems with it being unstable, OR with it not doing what
> I wanted.

I haven't seen Word 2007 yet. Still using Word 2003 here.

> Maybe the problem is user error? ;)

You know what? The Internet abounds with people complaining about Word
not working right, yet nobody ever seems to complain about Excel or
Access or PowerPoint or Outlook... Wanna take a guess why that is?