POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : O RLY? : Re: O RLY? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:13:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: O RLY?
From: Chambers
Date: 10 Jul 2009 10:31:48
Message: <4a5750d4$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> It's an IDE. It edits text files. How hard should that be?

It does a LOT more than just edit text files.

Code folding.
Syntax highlighting.
Auto-formatting (it works for me, sorry)
IntelliSense (the autocomplete thing you mentioned... again, it works
great for me)
Debugging

That's just the stuff I use on a regular basis.  It's loaded with
features that I never even touch, as well.

>>> Who knows? Perhaps in the 7 years since then, VS has become actually
>>> useful in some way. But I doubt it...

Funny, I first used it back in the days of  VC++ 6, and even then it was
considered better than the competition.

> Well, I'm sure if they've spent money on licences for something, people
> are going to use it, no matter how lame it is. (Where I work, people use
> Word...)
>
> I'm just saying. Word hasn't changed noticably since 1995 or so. I see
> no particular reason to except VS to have changed drastically. (It
> probably supports quite a few languages that it didn't back then, mind
> you...)

Actually, I really like the new version of Word (2007) as well.  I've
never had any problems with it being unstable, OR with it not doing what
I wanted.

Maybe the problem is user error? ;)

--
Chambers