POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : O RLY? : Re: O RLY? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:14:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: O RLY?
From: Invisible
Date: 10 Jul 2009 07:57:21
Message: <4a572ca1$1@news.povray.org>
>> (Recall that Java isn't like C; the source files have to have
>> particular names, and have to be located in particular folders, and so
>> on.)
>
> As so the IDE is not really to blame then if you haven't followed the
> Java rules exactly.

I did follow Java's rules. Apparently not VS's rules though...

>> Well, it's not like anybody showed us how to use the software...
>
> LOL.  Reminds me of when you said that 3D Studio was rubbish, but it
> turns out you were just guessing how to use it and got stuck (surprise
> surprise!).

It's an IDE. It edits text files. How hard should that be?

>> Who knows? Perhaps in the 7 years since then, VS has become actually
>> useful in some way. But I doubt it...
>
> Yeh I doubt it too, I guess all those companies than spend tens of
> thousands of dollars on VS licenses are just doing it for fun.  I guess
> all their employees are secretly using notepad...

Well, I'm sure if they've spent money on licences for something, people
are going to use it, no matter how lame it is. (Where I work, people use
Word...)

I'm just saying. Word hasn't changed noticably since 1995 or so. I see
no particular reason to except VS to have changed drastically. (It
probably supports quite a few languages that it didn't back then, mind
you...)