POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : O RLY? : Re: O RLY? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:15:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: O RLY?
From: Chambers
Date: 9 Jul 2009 21:41:25
Message: <4a569c45@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> Hmm, so company A includes its browser in its OS and gets fined and told
> to remove it.  Company B includes its browser AND actively prevents any
> other browser running - hmmm.
>
> Can you imagine if MS said Windows 7 would only run MS software?

I think Google can get away with it for two reasons:
1) Nobody is claiming that Google has a monopoly position, or that they
are abusing that position in order to stifle competition.
2) Nobody is claiming that Chrome OS will be suitable for the masses,
but instead it is targeted at a very specific market segment, viz,
netbooks.  Netbooks themselves are ideal for running Web applications
and little else, so it actually makes sense there.

--
Chambers