POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An example of confirmation bias? : Re: An example of confirmation bias? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:16:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An example of confirmation bias?
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 9 Jul 2009 19:29:32
Message: <4a567d5c$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:
> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> What if God told them it was their mission to correct the Church?
>> Then the Church's response would be to throw them out as a heretic.
>
> If God spoke to you tomorrow, and told you to go correct the Mormon
> church, I would assume that He also tried to speak to the current
> leaders of the Mormon church.  An action as drastic as asking you to
> correct them must mean that they aren't listening to Him anymore.
>
> Assuming that God wants the Mormon church corrected enough to ask you to
> do it, I would also expect Him to empower you to achieve that end.

Is a fun video from some scientist, last name Condell, I think, which
basically states to the effect, "So why doesn't god do X and fix
everything? Well, its rather obvious isn't it, since if we assume he
exists at all, his track record, based on the Bible, shows someone as
incompetent, stupid and gullible as his followers." And, therefor, in
this case, bright enough to so empower someone, actually bother to
correct the current leaders, instead of just picking some random person
to "fix" things, without telling the leaders anything at all, or having
the actual foresight to recognize how much of a failure the attempt will be.

Needless to say, Condell has a rather dim view about how dim god would
have to be, if he existed. lol

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {