POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : O RLY? : Re: O RLY? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:12:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: O RLY?
From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 9 Jul 2009 13:13:22
Message: <4a562532$1@news.povray.org>
On 07/09/09 08:02, Invisible wrote:

>>> Yes. (It's news to me that they can legally do this...)
>>
>> Both Pepsi and Coca Cola do this in the US. They offer a nice rate if
>> the business signs an exclusive contract. It really, really sucks.
>
> They offer a nice rate if the business signs an exclusive contract? Or
> they won't sell to the business at all if they don't sign an exclusive
> contract?

	Well, they can always do the latter in a roundabout way: By charging 50
times more if they don't sign an exclusive contract. I really don't know
if they do that, though.

	This is common in university campuses here:

http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/clout_st/2009/03/audit-questions-rod-blagojevichs-no-coke-pepsi-contract.html

http://www.vpaf.uni.edu/obo/pepsifaqs.shtml

--
Hangover: The wrath of grapes.