POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : O RLY? : Re: O RLY? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:22:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: O RLY?
From: scott
Date: 9 Jul 2009 06:03:39
Message: <4a55c07b$1@news.povray.org>
> All of those still constitute doing *something* "better". (Except buying
> your competitors...) It may not be the product itself which is superior,
> but there has to be something better.

Sure, I was just pointing out that your *product* doesn't necessarily have
to be superior for you to appear a "better" option to your customers.

> Unless you illegally prevent other companies from competing, that is...

What exactly has MS done that is illegal?  It seems to me their "crimes" (in
the eyes of the EU) are not sharing enough source code with competitors,
including their browser software with their OS, and including a media player
with their OS.  If that's the worst they've done, then sorry but they don't
lose my respect for that.

I assume that also if Google (or any other company) manages to get the
majority of the desktop OS market then they will also be deemed to be acting
illegally by including a browser, media player, minesweeper or whatever?