POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : O RLY? : Re: O RLY? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:13:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: O RLY?
From: Invisible
Date: 9 Jul 2009 04:41:52
Message: <4a55ad50@news.povray.org>
>> Not really. Microsoft gains customers by illegally preventing choice.
>> Google does it by producing a superior product. The former is illegal,
>> the latter is the intent of any respectable business.
>
> Err no, the intent of *any* business is to make money.

Sure. But *respectable* business do this by legal means.

> Making a
> superior product is just one way to do that, there are lots of
> opportunities to make money without having the superior product.

Such as...?

[OK, *one* way is to make a product of the same quality and charge a lot
of money for it. Sometimes this makes a product more desirable -
depending on what it is, obviously...]

> (eg do
> you see low cost car manufacturers trying to make their cars as high
> quality as really expensive ones?).

No, but if you make a cheap car that's inferior to all the other cheap
cars, you're not going to make much money I suspect...