POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An example of confirmation bias? : Re: An example of confirmation bias? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:20:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An example of confirmation bias?
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 8 Jul 2009 17:27:40
Message: <4a550f4c$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:
> Patrick Elliott wrote:
>> It wasn't until later that "both" fell out of favor. And the polygamy
>> mainly because more liberal groups,
>
> It had nothing to do with falling out of favor (see my reply to Jim on
> popular opinion) or because of liberal groups within the Church.
>
> The practice of Polygamy was halted because the President at the time
> (Wilford Woodruff, I believe) said that God told him it was time to stop.

Snort. Yeah, well.. Try that today, if it was still as common as it was,
and they would be calling the man a god hating atheist liberal, no
matter what his position was. But, your probably right. Liberal groups
in churches don't change policies, they just lend undue support to the
ones that *do* support the policy, until such a time as the people
supporting it die off, and are replaced by people that support the new
order of things.

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {