POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : DVD (-ROM) image access speed question : Re: DVD (-ROM) image access speed question Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:13:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DVD (-ROM) image access speed question
From: Darren New
Date: 8 Jul 2009 12:28:22
Message: <4a54c926$1@news.povray.org>
gregjohn wrote:
> ii) If I'm going to do < i m g s r c ""  h e i g h t = X,  then I should just
> save a new, resized copy of the image with  that height instead of asking HTML
> to resize images which are 5X that size.

If the problem is seek time, this won't help as much as you think it might.
Try it and see.

> iii) Make one composite image and then use that click-on-a-bitmap- thing in
> HTML.

This is what I'm guessing will give you the best shot.

> Q: Can anyone point me to an online tutorial, or better yet, to the exhaustively
> correct terminology so that I may google it, of how to create autorun files?

I don't know about that, but I created an autorun file for my vacation
photos on one DVD. Here's what I had to do:

AUTORUN.INF holds
[autorun]
open=showme.bat
icon=italy.bmp

italy.bmp is a 64x60 BMP image. I'm pretty sure white is transparent, but
play around with it.

showme.bat holds one line reading
start index.html

index.html is the top of the image tree.

Apparently, it needs to be ASCII and not UTF.
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Search/en-US/?query=autorun.inf%20format&ac=8
HTH!  It'll at least get you started. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Insanity is a small city on the western