POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Step_Frame command???? : Re: Step_Frame command???? Server Time
4 May 2024 00:57:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Step_Frame command????
From: Chris B
Date: 8 Jul 2009 08:55:27
Message: <4a54973f$1@news.povray.org>
"Inquisitor" <dec### [at] sybasecom> wrote in message
> Sorry about the delay. I've been on vacation.
>
> ChrisB -  I think I understand the methodology.
>
> Darren New - Hmmm. wasn't aware you could drive POV Ray from a command
> line.
> That opens up some possibilities.
>
> Karl Anders - Haven't heard much about this program.  I'm assuming there's
> plenty on it. on this forum.  Need to do some research on this too.
>
> Thank you for the responses.  Lots of things to research.  Probably
> explore all
> three approaches. just for s&g and for ease of use and future needs.

Another thing you may wish to look at to see whether it helps is SMPOV
(http://www.it-berater.org/smpov.htm), which is designed to front-end
MegaPOV to perform distributed processing. I've never used it myself, but it
claims to be able to 'distribute animations in pieces to PC's via MegaPOV's
"frame_step"-feature '.